6 Things Ideal Kitchens Should Have
Out kitchen design choices should properly reflect our personal lifestyle and taste. Some of us prefer the timeless, traditional looks; while other want ultra-modern designs with a variety of Internet-connected appliances. Regardless of our choices, a kitchen should share a few things in common, such as excellent convenience. No matter what approach we take, here are five things we should achieve to have an ideal kitchen:
- Highly efficient floor plan: A kitchen may not have everything, but at least it should allow for efficient activities. A properly structured layout can avoid confusion and may allow more than one people to cook at one. A good floor plan will avoid disrupted flow of traffic, because mobility should be considered as the primary feature. Before designing or redoing our kitchen, we should imagine exactly where we should put or do something. So, it is a good idea to spend time sketching our dream kitchen.
- Organized cabinets and storage areas: Any kitchen should have ample room to store items. A cluttered kitchen can be a serious hazard to both our health and sanity. We should make a list if things we want to keep in the kitchen and make sure whether we have enough room. Also, it is a good idea whether we really need to have that many items in our kitchen. As an example, we may choose multi-function appliances that can do many things at once.
- Good pantry: It doesn’t matter what our kitchen is for, whether we cook for our family or a professional cook; a well organized and stocked pantry could mean that we will be able to do many things. We could place extra condiments, dry good and other items to help us cook things that we want. It isn’t really necessary to have a big pantry, as long as we have enough space for our items. We should consider creating daily list to know what priority items should be in the pantry based on what we want to cook today.
- Appliance cabinets: One good indication of ideal kitchen is clutter-free counters. We shouldn’t forget putting things that we want and need on the counters. Common examples of things that we should have in kitchen are coffee grinders, juicers, breadmakers and others. We may not use them, so it is necessary to have special cabinets to keep our appliances. It is particularly true in older homes where modern appliances aren’t as commonplace.
- Adequate countertops: We should keep countertops completely free and there should be plenty of room available for all our icing, mixing and chopping needs. Cooking can be a complex activity and we should have enough room to perform these daily activities.
- Windows: It’s no fun to have kitchen with enclosed wall. Even if our kitchen is somehow placed at the middle of the house, for some particular reasons; there should be windows to make it feel roomier. But if we are lucky enough to have a kitchen placed next to the exterior, we should take advantage of the natural streaming sunlight.