Tips For Buying Plants
The plants have always been part of the field of decorating a home. It is difficult to take advantage of a decorative item when we have no idea of what we want, what we find, in the alternative, of care needs .
One of the most important factors when hiring plants to decorate our home, is the health of these plants. Often the plants sick, are infested with parasites, have mushrooms … and buy a plant in a poor state of health is something that can occur frequently if we do not know how to determine the difference between a plant healthy and diseased.
Most indoor plants are usually tropical plants because they are used to grow in the shade, and at constant temperatures around 23-24 ° C plants.
Buy houseplants is a good activity, here are some secrets to help you choose the most suitable.
- Always Buy or specialty stores in places like nurseries where staff is knowledgeable about plants and can advise you properly.
- Select species that are adapted to the conditions of your home, space, light, humidity and ambient temperature.
- Before choosing any type of plant foliage checks the size is proportionate to the pot.
- Check the state of the leaves on both sides and shows that they do not have stains or are yellowish.
- It is better to buy smaller than large, so you’ll see them grow plants. Choose compact and abundant buds to adapt to new conditions copies.
- It is recommended to buy plants in which the buds have not open. It’s nice to see how they open at home.
- Note that the roots are firmly clinging to the earth and not poke through the drainage holes of the pot. This means it is a plant that has grown too much and should not acquire it because in that case would have to transplant more quickly.
- Do not choose plants that show mold or algae on the surface of the pot. It is important that they are healthy, that they die within a few days. It is also important to avoid sudden temperature changes during transportation from the store to your home.
- The stems should be strong and healthy. Look at the overall shape of the plant and the stem, it must be strong and well trained.
- You must look for signs of shock or cracks. If so, do not buy the plant. Finally, the roots of a plant, usually cannot be checked. But if you look at the bottom of the pot, and the roots have spread out of the holes in the base.